Jusenkyo, valley of the accursed springs. Here lie pools
that change the bodies of those who fall within. Others leave the body
untouched, but change the victims' personalities. Are there really two
extremes, or is there a more subtle unifying force involved? Maybe a
boy from China knows...
Aftermath of a Wedding: Akane Gets Wet!
- A new student at school greets Akane
by throwing a bucket of water on her.
I Knew You Were A Tomboy, But...
- The new boy, Akira, splashes Akane again, but this
time with a different sort of water...
Ranma's Dilemma. Goodbye, Boy-Type!
- Ranma and Akane can't get any hot water, and
Shampoo's none too happy about the arangement.
Soap Gets In Your Curse
- Ranma worries about his encounter with Akane, and
Akira explains the effects of Jusenkyo curses.
Akane: Strong Enough for a Man, but Made for a Woman?
- Events of the previous day come
back to haunt Akane.
Cold Water, Hot Temper
- Akira has some things to answer for.
Aren't the packets supposed to wear off after one use?
Encounters in the Dark! Friend or Foe?
- Two villagers from Nyuchezu visit Ranma outside his window.
It's time for a chat.
The Tomboy Effect
- After two days of excitement, events finally cool down,
but some people are thinking furiously about what's
Encyclopedia Jusenkyo: A Living Thesis
- Akane learns more then she ever wanted to know about
Behind the Invisible Barrier
- Ranma didn't see it coming, but how could he,
if it's in his blind spot? Akira mentions one last,
almost inconsequential side effect of Ranma's curse...
Don't You Know? It's Love!
- It looks Akane has finally figured out the secret that
Ryoga and Ranma have been hiding from her for so long.
How will she react now that she knows the target of the
lost boy's affections?
The Proof is in the Pupil
- Finally, there's a foolproof test that will show who's right,
once and for all: Akira or Ranma. Of course, five women have
their own idea about how to test Ranma...
The Dew of Love
- After a night of drinking, Akira reveals why he's been trying
so hard to prove Ranma is a girl. And after a night of
passion, other secrets start revealing themselves.
These are larger copies of the images on this page, or drawings
that contain spoliers, so you won't find any thumbnails.
[375x460 pixels / 27k]
- An illustration of Sayuri's hunk from "The Tomboy Effect". I'm not
super happy with his face, but I like the pose, and how the uniform
[600x460 pixels / 41k]
"The Boy Every Girl Dreams Of"
- Another illustration of the same character. I really like
how the face and hair turned out, although there wasn't
enough room on the paper to finish drawing the hands and...
(um) weapon properly.
[400x600 pixels / 28k]
"Desperation Can Make a Man Perform Amazing Feats"
- Ryouga's brilliant plan in action from "Don't You Know? It's Love!"
I like the drawing of Ranma, and Ryoga's face. He does look rather
bishonen, though. The only downside is Ryoga's left hand --
becuase of the angle, it looks like the thumb is on the wrong
[450x550 pixels / 41k]
- A closeup of Akira's face. (A larger scan of the image on
my Fanworks page.) This was originally a small drawing, which
is why the lines appear so thick.
[450x600 pixels / 44k]
"She Tries to Deny Her Nature..."
- Akira holding photo of a pissed off Ranma. (A larger scan of
the image at the top of this page.) Yes, that collar around her
neck is a female symbol. ^_^ At some point I've got to
color this image.
[460x750 pixels / 52k]
- Akira's childhood friend, in the tradition of Takahashi's
illustrations of Ranma. Contains a minor spoiler. He
kinda looks like Tenchi on steroids, huh? ^_^
[450x800 pixels / 57k]
- Super-deformed Akane frowning after being splashed with
water. (A larger scan of the image on the page.) I'm
pretty happy with this one, although I should have colored
her hair black.
[450x1000 pixels / 45k]
- Super-deformed girl-type Ranma blushing and smiling.
(A larger scan of the image on the page.) Ugh, her
right hand looks horrible.
[450x650 pixels / 50k]
- Super-deformed Ryoga peering through the bathroom door.
(A larger scan of the image on the page.) This is probably
the best of the SD pics.
Ranma 1/2 © Rumiko Takahashi / Shogakukan · Kitty Film ·
Fuji TV. Exclusively licensed throughout the United States and Canada
by Viz Communications, Inc.
All images and text on this page are copyright © 1998-2001 by